CRX Performance Forums

Home of the CRX elders.
It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1991 CRX Si Shell with OBD1 D16z6 + JRSC kit + IHE + extras
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 pm 

Hey guys,

That unfortunate time has come for me to sell my project car. Its a white 1991 CRX Si. I've been a member of the Forum for over 8 years, so I'm not just some random guy selling a car in here.

Before you continue, I'm in Sacramento, CA, and I wont be delivering cause its a shell+transplant and non-op registered.

Exterior:

Painting will be necessary... from 100 ft away, everything looks fine, but get close and you'll see no clearcloat left. Hey, its 20 years old.
Couple of dings, dents, and scratches, but overall good shape.
The hatch is off of a Black CRX, so the body-color area is black. I liked it that way honestly. I think Ed's CRX was like that... Get a EDM spoiler and it wont even matter!

Interior:

Nearly every interior piece from the Door Panels back were replaced with a complete set of black interior parts from a black CRX Si in the local yard. All of the pieces are there, and I have extra pieces from the original interior that will come with the car. The speaker covers arent ripped, the compartments and hinges work, and the cargo cover is present.

There is no Climate control panel... a buddy snapped it clean in half one day ( you know how brittle they are. ) The A/C and Heat systems still work though.
There is no stereo, never has been. I preferred the sound of the car. I have speakers and a deck that I will include with the car, and the car is already wired for a deck, amp, and speakers.
The drivers seat has some wear in the usual spot, but minimal compared to most driver seats I see. The passenger seat is tip top. I dont have the OG floor mats, just some black ones.
The dash has no cracks because I use a sun-shade.

Powertrain:

Its currently a rolling chassis... the original engine and tranny are on my garage floor and will come with the car if requested. Why? Because I got a ported a polished d16z6 block with a JRSC that I was planning to throw in there. They are also on my garage floor, resting on a tire. The car will come with an AEM CAI, the Intake manifold, all hoses, wiring, etc.. basically everything but the short block and tranny are still in. There is also a RActive exhaust installed with DTM tips, and a stock B-Pipe.

Suspension:

Tokico Blues with Ground Control Coilovers, adjusted down a couple inches. Car sits on some 15x6.5 Aluminum wheels with Kumho Ecsta Supra tires, 85% tread remaining.

Available additional parts:

d16z6 ported and polished, with forged guts. For the record, I bought it like this, I didnt do the install myself. I dont believe the springs/cams have been upgraded.
Jackson Racing supercharger. Pretty sure its the 6lb pulley. Includes the fuel rail, all the necessary bits, and the instruction manual.
JR Boost Timing Controller -used
JR Water Injection kit -used, and apparently a rare performance part.
Fluidyne radiator.... a big ass one. -used
Fidanza 7 lb flywheel NIB, never installed
ACT clutch and pressure plate. NIB, never installed
Engine Mount inserts
95 Civic EX ECU ( p28) - used of course
Rywire OBD0-OBD1 conversion wiring
DC 4-2-1 headers, wrapped. - used
Complete wiring harness from Donor of Z6 (91 hatch) with all connectors present. Install this completely or harvest what you need.
Two original tokico "blues" that are actually gold! NIB, never installed.
There may be a couple of other things I'm forgetting.. yall know how that is!

I would like to sell the shell for $1,500, and all of the additional parts for $2,000, or $3,000 if it all goes to 1 buyer. This is much less than the cost of buying everything individually, but as they say, time is money!

For some reason the VIN comes up as a salvaged 88 HF. Based on the door-mounted belts, this isnt possible. May have been a VIN swap, I dunno. Either way, the insurance is cheaper =)

I really dont want to part out the shell, but I'll consider parting out the rest. Ideally, I want someone to slap the extras in this car and start running high 13's with a 9lb pulley!

you can call me at 916-233-6493, or email me at dave@dshillingphoto.com

Thanks for looking!

Dave

forged pistons/rods
JRSC, 9lb pulley
Water injection

Post subject: Re: 1991 CRX Si Shell with OBD1 D16z6 + JRSC kit + IHE + extras
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:39 am 

How much for the Jackson Racing supercharger? I don't need any of the fuel management stuff just the supercharger.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 pm 

selling the air intake? pm me with price i might want the headders too. peace

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm 

if your parting it ut..how much for the rims and tires...as well and the carpet and trunk cap...and trunk opener piston things

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm 

Still have the car, still selling the entire thing to anyone from the board... $2500 for the CRX, the old d16, the new d16 w/ JRSC charger, and all the parts I have....7lb flywheel, ACT clutch,DC headers, Fluidyne aluminum rad, Rywire obd1 conversion, obd1ecu, water injector, new tokicos for the front, etc. etc. Im too lazy to part it out...I hate shipping things. Im hoping someone who already owns the bits and pieces to get it put together will pick this up and drive the piss out of it.

Also, it got broken into, and the Intake and intake mani/TB were stolen. I have another TB anyways, and the old CAI wont fit the super.

email me: dave@dshillingphoto.com
call me 916-233-6493

Im not in a bind or anything, so if you want to get it three months from now, fine by me.

forged pistons/rods
JRSC, 9lb pulley
Water injection

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:31 pm 

Car is still for sale on this board only... $2,000 for the car , stock engine, D16Z6, JRSC and associated kit parts, Si tranny, and extra interior parts. AEM CAI and stock IM are gone. I can help arrange for shipping, but you need to pay for it of course.

forged pistons/rods
JRSC, 9lb pulley
Water injection