CRX Performance Forums

Home of the CRX elders.
It is currently Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1990 CRX Si, Black SOLD!
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 pm 

1990 Honda CRX Si, Black, 1.6L D16A engine with 166,306 Miles
We are the one and only original owners of this car. I bought a truck and haven't driven the car much since. Now I'm moving overseas and need to sell the car. Everything in this car works and it does not leak/burn any oil.
History:
1995 - A car backed into the CRX, damaged hood and bumper. Bumper replaced, hood repaired
1997 - Object went through windshield, replaced windshield
2004 - Converted A/C to R134a
2006 - A van backed into the CRX, damaged left rear ¼ panel. New ¼ installed, complete repaint of car, Wings West urethane body kit installed
Modifications:
- Custom Cold air Intake
- Wings West Body kit
- '92 Prelude seats
- GSR 15" wheels + I have 3 spares
- power passenger mirror
Maintenance:
- Recently replaced timing belt and water pump
- Needs new exhaust, current one is rusted out

Price $3,800 negotiable

If interested, please PM with your contact info and I will contact you to answer any questions.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by coz on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 1990 CRX Si, Black $3,800
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:07 am 

*sighs*

Another one getting sold off . . .

My quench is tighter than yours! :P

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fabrication blog.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 am 

Yeah. Don't want to ship and I don't want to store it.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:03 am 

I gotcha. It makes sense, for sure.

My quench is tighter than yours! :P

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fabrication blog.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:08 am 

Hey Coz, there's a pretty good possibly that my cousin (REX-203) will pm you about this tomorrow.
Time factors and distance are hurdles that we need to consider (I'd be coming up there with him).
What kind of time frame are you looking for it to be sold?

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:27 am 

The sooner the better, within a month.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:35 pm 

Hi Coz,

Shorte's cousin here. I just sent you a PM.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

- Robby

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:21 pm 

Well the day finally came and the car is sold.
Dave and Robby hit the road early this morning and had quite an adventure getting out here. I'll let them tell ya about that.
When they got about 15 minutes out I got a text that my address wasn't in the GPS, so I gave them a call and talked them to the house.
Robby said "You'll never guess what we are going to tow it with!" In the back of my mind I had a feeling but thought, "no, they wouldn't"
As they got closer I could see them coming down the road out my back door.... yes they would!! They were going to use Shorte's Yellow CRX to tow it back.

Robby seems very pleased with the purchase and I am glad to sell it to someone that knows what they have and will take great care of it.
I enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to seeing Robby's adventures in his new CRX!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:22 pm 

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 am 

I'm JUST getting home. Been awake for over 42 hours now, and driving for at least 25+ of them.
Yeah, blowout on the tow dolly 10 minutes after leaving home, a retarded GPS that brought us through like 100 miles of backstreets, my car not behaving like it should, bumper to bumper traffic right out of New Orleans just before getting home.... yep, another adventure with my crx tow trucks! lol
I'm going to drop dead for a while, and post more later.

Thank you Coz! Rob couldn't stop talking about how awesome the car is. Now worries, the car made it home unscathed and he loves it!
And we enjoyed meeting and talking with you, the wife and the cats as well! (I'm terrible with names...sorry) :D

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm 

Yep! The car is mine. Mine. ALL MINE!!! mwuhhhahahahahaha!!!!!!

Hehe Seriously though, thanks, Craig. It was great meeting you guys and talking shop! Yes, the car is beautiful! Pics here don't do it justice. It's easy to see how well it was loved and taken care of through the years.

It's true, we had quite an adventure, but it was well worth it. My utmost thanks also goes to Dave for helping me out the entire way, beginning with emailing me about this when Coz posted it here. I'm sure (at least I hope) that Dave is at home getting some solid rest right now, because he drove almost NON-STOP while I snored away periodically, riding easy.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to give updates of how the car is doing for years to come. Take care! :-)

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 am 

We were planning on leaving at midnight-ish Tuesday night, well... 3:37am Wednesday morning we finally left.
At about 3:55am the left tire blows on the tow dolly. Glad I have a spare... what sucked was I didn't have a 13/16 socket for the lugs on the dolly.
Rob's brother Tim brings us a lug wrench. The spare tire that was given to me the day before turned out to be HUGE, I had to beat the dolly fender up and over an inch or so for it to fit.
Might be able to see somewhat how bent it is in this pic: (And also some in Coz's second pic)

About 5:30am we're back on the road.... and hoping like crazy that the other tire doesn't die on us (they are both like 12+ years old).

I think the rest of the trip TO get the car was uneventful...Aside from our (POS) GPS not being able to locate his address.
I don't remember what time we got there (between noon and 3?), but it wasn't bad timing considering when we left.

Events here in pictures above. :D
Oh, have to mention this: Right as we are pulling out of Coz's neighborhood a white crx passes the opposite way, we wave and he reaches his whole arm out the window with I think a fist up like "YEAH!"

4:00pm (ours and Jeff's time) Rob and I are leaving Starbucks not far from Coz's (I think). Jeff B and our F'N GPS say's it's about 4 hours to Jeff's. (Jeff says I-75N and I-20W, no clue what the gps was thinking)
By the way, Jeff is donating a number of left over Honda parts to my hoarding problem... so we're stopping there on the way home (THANKS Jeff! Seriously, thank you)
So for almost 6 hours this stupid F'n Garmin gps takes us through like 20 different 35/45mph little highways/two lane streets that FINALLY meet up with 20w STILL somewhere inside FREAKING GEORGIA!
Once we hit 20 it was fine, except my crx is not seeming to happy to be pulling this load. Very old worn out(now) B16. (Thanks John!)
Once we get to Jeff's we spend an hour or so digging through parts and talking. (At least I think it was Jeff, this guy looked a bit younger than I remember...)
Pretty sure we left there after midnight. Stop to get gas and some guys with a 240 and something else start talking to us and wanting a picture (of the cars, not us), tripping on us towing a crx with a crx.
So we leave and are thinking of food. We take a few different exits looking for something to no avail.
Wait, we have a gps, and it should have stuff in it we can find! IHOP here we come!
So we search up an ihop, there's one 11 miles away... not exactly close but at this point we're just thankful to find something definite and open...
Turns out it's 11 miles NORTH of us, away from where we're headed.. oh well, we're not on any kind of schedule anymore. we get home when we get home.
15 min or so later we find the IHOP..... IT'S FREAKING CLOSED! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!~!!!!!!!!!!!
We consult the gps again, it says there's a Shoney's like 1 mile away... Cool.
We start driving again.....Guess what? It doesn't exist anymore!!!
I'M beyond pissed now, Rob's like "Dude, it's ok, we'll find something" Needless to say that at this point I am wanting to do much Harm to this gps....
So we settle for a Whataburger near there, where there's some unusually polite employees (fast food people where we live HATE you for being a customer, and their demeanor SHOWS it, so this is strange to us).
I got some (really thin) fries and a drink. At this point this is the most I've had to eat since breakfast Tuesday afternoon (3pm, which is morning for me). Other than that I had a bag of Ruffles chips and a flour tortilla... and a shitload of coffee throughout the entire trip.

Back on the road, and I've probably been awake for something like 36 hours now. Oddly enough I'm not dead...yet.
Most of the rest of the drive was spent fighting to keep my eyes open. Several times we pulled off and I tried to nap, to only end up getting a minute or two sleep each time. My eyes wanted to close, but only while driving... f'n great.

So a number of hours later we're back in Louisiana and like 25-30 miles from home. We now hit bumper to bumper traffic from an accident or something AND it starts to rain some... Very not cool!!!! I have shit tires and there's a reeeeaallly steep and HIGH overpass we need to climb coming up soon. Between the tires and the way the B16 is struggling I just KNOW this thing isn't going to make it up if we get stuck in traffic and wet road.
Thankfully the traffic thinned out just enough to maintain a steady speed and the rain slacked off mostly as well.

10am Thursday morning we make it to Robs. Unload the car, ditch him, go home, unload the tow dolly, post above comment, take shower (43 hours now of being awake ), lapse into a coma for 14 hours.
Woke up at near 1am and stayed awake for several hours, back to sleep for like 6 more, and then late for work Friday evening. I feel slightly human again.

Oh, my car feels fairly normal again, I guess it was just mad at me. I though it was done for.

I think that was about it.... Rob, did I miss anything?

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:48 am 

You forget the gutwrenching part where you had to decide what parts to leave behind cause they wouldn't all fit....

Oh yeah, I lost about 50 pounds so.....

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 pm 

Jeff B wrote:
You forget the gutwrenching part where you had to decide what parts to leave behind cause they wouldn't all fit....

Oh yeah, I lost about 50 pounds so.....

I keep trying to forget that part JEFF, it's given me nightmares!...

And Dayum, that's great, but I think you gained a few pounds back in facial hair :D

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:25 pm 

Glad ya'll made it home safe. That is quite a story.
After I got my smart phone I have ditched GPS devices.
They aren't 100%, but they are pretty good.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 am 

Good story guys. I'm glad it's staying in the "family".

Oh and I still use paper maps. ;)

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:55 am 

Paul Davenport wrote:
Oh and I still use paper maps. ;)

I usually have, but this time I didn't have enough time to plot our course like I normally would. Our departure kinda snuck up on me with all the shit I needed to do beforehand. I was still working on My car that night before leaving. :roll:
Learned my lesson good...

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 pm 

Rob, Dave, any news on the car?

I've seen a few CRXs over here in Germany. I might have to get one.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:49 pm 

Sorry man, I've been away...
Yeah, Rob's loving it!
We haven't had much time to do much besides put some better exhaust on it. But he has plans... :)

Profile E-mail