CRX Performance Forums

Home of the CRX elders.
It is currently Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 91 HF with 500,000 miles
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:16 pm 

So Sunday morning I was driving home with my neice from my cousins bday party the night before (no drunk driving!!) and she was telling me how much she likes my crx and asked if I would give it to here when she starts driving. Of corse I said helllllno, but I can get you one.

I pull into the gas station to get some coffie to help me revive my hung over ass. As we were walking out of the mini mart there was an HF at the pump and I said to the guy, while walking with my neice," Hey if you ever want to let your car go, she wants to buy it." And you know how it is when anyone asks us to sell them our cars. This guy was cool and said to me (I forgot the miles he said) " Would you belive this car has------miles on it?" And of corse I was like sure, and I asked If I can see the odometer. He agreed. To my surprize it had over 500,000 miles on it! We talked for a while and I asked him to join us here on the site so he can share his story cuz it is unreal....over 500,000 miles on the original HF motor! I tried to take a pic of it with my phone but it died as I was getting ready for the shot. Dammm the night before!!! Anyways I hope he joins his name was Scott. peace

Post subject: Re: 91 HF with 500,000 miles
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 am 

That's a cool story. I guess not too surprising, though, right? A stock HF engine probably has very little stress on it.

Reminds me of that guy with his Volvo that's done over a million miles. Scott's almost halfway to his own commercial. :lol:

Profile E-mail