CRX Performance Forums

Home of the CRX elders.
It is currently Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pics inside.
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:10 am 

Ok so lemme know if the pics don't work I am new to this.

This is the Hf the turtle scared the poo outta me. I was minding my own business and turn around to find that thing chilling in the driveway. He was HUGE. I was afraid to get to close to him thus the pics the way they are.

http://imgur.com/a/15ZIG#0

This is the Si I am new to taking pics of things. Srsly I don't snap pics hardly at all but I think I am going to start keeping track of everything I do to the Hf. Anyway its clean and I love it

http://imgur.com/a/EfZ6I#0

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pics inside.
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 am 

I can't see the Si pics (yet) due to site maintenance. The Hf doesn't look too bad, honestly, at least from those pics. That turtle was pretty big!

Do document your progress. You'll be surprised at what you are capable of doing and when you look over everything, you are going to laugh at yourself for newb mistakes, but, you'll be laughing and that is something good to do. =)

My quench is tighter than yours! :P

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fabrication blog.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:32 am 

I just spray bombed the roof and the hatch end today. I know that is not the best way to go about things but the rust was worrying me so I went ahead and did it to get that under control. Not sure where to go from there. The other panels look ok. Still a little rust I need to take care of. But yeah its looking worlds better than it did before. I used duplicolor for the paint from the parts store. I actually was thinking about spray bombing it in base coat and clear coat on the hatch of it to see how it turned out. I may do that tomorrow because the weather is going to be nice again.

The head on that turtle was the size of both my hands made into fists. There was no way in hell I was getting anywhere near him cause I wasn't sure what kind he was.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:15 pm 

nice cars! that turtle looks pretty crazy too... i dont know how i'd react if i turned around and saw that thing staring at me! i could have sworn that you had a 1st gen crx before - maybe i'm a little behind the times! your newly acquired si isnt in bad shape! it looks like a 90-91 with 88-89 tail lights. the interior is 90-91, front bumper is 90-91, but for some reason has the older tail lights? it's a good find though! i'm sure you'll have fun working in it!

'90 CRX Si - the commuter
'68 Mustang GT - the racer

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm 

Yeeeeeaaaah to be honest sel2real I don't really keep track so I am going to take your word on the tail lights.

I did have a first gen about, lemme think.... it was in 2004 I had that first gen. The vacuum lines... I have nightmares about the vacuum lines. So I stay away from them now. The blower for the a/c and the heat went out on me in the Si yesterday. The only fuse I could see related to it was the heater motor? And its good... although there was a 10 amp in there so I switched it out to a 30 amp. Anyway any clues on that?

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:19 pm 

You NEED to sand before clear or it will look horrible.

One color on the Hf will be a good thing.

I like Duplicolor, especially their self-etching primer. It is what I use on all my stuff that isn't going to get hot.

I'm glad you didn't just leave primer exposed. That is the number one noob error for painting, especially with cans. Primer absorbs water. (Well, most primers do.) NEVER leave anything primered unless it is in a low humidity, warm environment, and only for the recommended amount of time, no longer.

Just FYI.

I would check your fan control switch before trying to replace anything else. The blower motors do on occasion die, but the switch is the culprit more often than anything else. Swap the Hf fan switch to check to see if it works.

My fabrication blog.

Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm 

Oh, and I totally prefer the 88-89 tails. They look so much cleaner. LOL! The Si looks really decent. It could use some tweaks to get everything sitting straight, though. But, honestly, it looks like a great place to start!

Also . . . don't leave that 30A fuse in there . . . That's not good. heh

My fabrication blog.

Profile E-mail