CRX Performance Forums

Home of the CRX elders.
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official N13 Niagara CRX Meet Information!
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm 

First things first:

Saturday July 28th 2007 11 AM. Rock Point Provincial Parl Ontario Canada
www.ontarioparks.com/english/rock-maps.html

Meet website:
www.niagaracrxmeet.org

Yes, it's come down to that time of year again! A lot has changed since N11. We had a transition year and found the best place we have ever held a meet. Rock Point Provincial Park. All the things we needed we finally got. Like being able to stay up all night if we want to and have a bonfire. The area of the meet was sheltered from the blazing Canadian sun. The lake was great for swimming in and everyone had a good time.

This year will be the same, only better. It's the first year the N meet is organized by a committee. This helped spread out the work which might ask the question "how much work is there in organizing a meet?", well, strangley a decent amount, not like doing a motor swap work, more like problem solving. Global peace...trying to make everyone happy is tough! Any questions you have about the meet pleae ask here or on the www.niagaracrxmeet.org site.

I'll keep this brief and lets give a hearty thanks to the guys that made it happen! Mike, Ollie, Kyle, Nicolas, Shane, Scott, TJ, and the original Niagara meet organizer Ken Dymet who helped us with the transition.

If you have some pictures from last year that you can show off here that would be great to remind everyone!

See you there!

I can't seem to log in as azulito... So ignore the new status..

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:11 am 

Last year:

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 am 

there should be another EDM CRX glasstop there this year, Patster from TO.........

damn crazy canucks.......I recognize a few of the cars :)

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm 

Hey Mista Bone, I haven't talked to you since I was visiting Joe E and he couldn't hit the urinal because it was too high!

This year should bring back some of that old school charm that's been lost the last few meets. Hope to see a big turnout!

Also there is drag racing Friday night at

www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/home.htm

Yay! my account is no longer inactive!

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:47 pm 

No way I can make the trip......even if I wanted.

my only off day is Sunday now, it is spent working on trannys.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:27 am 

Mista Bone wrote:
my only off day is Sunday now, it is spent working on trannys.

Lol - that made me crack up. :P

I take it that Geoff is no longer involved??

I'm still on the fence about making the trek, but it sounds like a big improvement over the last couple of years that I didn't go to.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:52 am 

tommy wrote:
I take it that Geoff is no longer involved??

I'm still on the fence about making the trek, but it sounds like a big improvement over the last couple of years that I didn't go to.

Geoff who? Ha, no the official committee was established 9-10 months ago and we took it over from the original Ken Dymet. Geoff almost wrecked the meet last year and enough was enough.

We discuss the meet daily and have just about every aspect organized. There is even drags Friday night.

Little things like free bottled water and photo shoots will be provided to try and make it the most enjoyable, relaxed, chilled out meet so far.

Also if you check out the website www.niagaracrxmeet.org you will find Google directions linked. We will also always have a few mobile #'s you can call to one of the organizers during the event if you break down on the way or just need some info.

Look forwards to seeing some old timers! We miss ya!

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 am 

seems you've taken the horse by the reins, good luck!

My son wants to go back once he gets his own HB, he'll be 18 next month.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:55 pm 

Hey man, you were at N10 weren't you ? That was the biggest with over 200 cars registered. Check out this video the Montreal crew made. The glory days of the N meets! The shots of the field with all those CRX's is crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6P90so9oZ8

Pass it along!

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:16 am 

N5 & 6 with my 93 DX HB
N8 with my son and what was to be his 91 STD HB.

I'm afraid of the Ohio curse

N5 Joe'e blew a motor headed to the Skylon
N6 James blew a tranny crossing the border
N8 Caleb, Carlin and two other cars were in a wreck near Cleveland

Caleb/Flyboy I think hooked up with Ann, ain't no one heard of him since :)

I wanna do another Niagra, but also Road America which is usually the same weekend.

5 + 6 + 8 = N19 :)

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:39 am 

too bad the video footage was lost from, i think, n11? i can't remember the last one i went too... all i know was that i think i was suffering from heat stroke and probably dehydration...

watching that video made me quite nostalgic... good times driving with an absurd amount of crx's :D

i still have the video from ken on VHS i think... it might be n1? it's an early one for sure... but i can't remember which meet it was.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm 

89crx wrote:
too bad the video footage was lost from, i think, n11? i can't remember the last one i went too... all i know was that i think i was suffering from heat stroke and probably dehydration...

watching that video made me quite nostalgic... good times driving with an absurd amount of crx's :D

i still have the video from ken on VHS i think... it might be n1? it's an early one for sure... but i can't remember which meet it was.

I have all the video footage from N10 & N11. I have never gotten around to editing all of it. I apologize to all those who wanted to see it sooner. Someday soon I will compile it. I would love to add in footage from earlier N meets if anyone has anything.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:14 pm 

azulito wrote:
89crx wrote:

I have all the video footage from N10 & N11. I have never gotten around to editing all of it. I apologize to all those who wanted to see it sooner. Someday soon I will compile it. I would love to add in footage from earlier N meets if anyone has anything.

is this the one where i was walking around (dehydrated by the end and suffering from heat exhaustion) interviewing people about their cars and their previous experiences with CRX's and meets?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:29 pm 

89crx wrote:
azulito wrote:
89crx wrote:

is this the one where i was walking around (dehydrated by the end and suffering from heat exhaustion) interviewing people about their cars and their previous experiences with CRX's and meets?

Well, it could of been N10 or N11. Both have interviews...BUT N11 was the scorcher! Man.. in that parking lot. I was running around in my boxers by the end of the day...after I jumped in the lake.

N13, now at Rock Point is a haven of lush trees and cool lake! Are you coming this year!?

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:47 am 

The Niagara website is UPDATED with the latest info. Gallery is up and running. If you have a cool pic from ANY N meet please contact me and I will get it in the gallery!

www.niagaracrxmeet.org

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:25 pm 

azulito wrote:
89crx wrote:
azulito wrote:
89crx wrote:

Well, it could of been N10 or N11. Both have interviews...BUT N11 was the scorcher! Man.. in that parking lot. I was running around in my boxers by the end of the day...after I jumped in the lake.

N13, now at Rock Point is a haven of lush trees and cool lake! Are you coming this year!?

nope i won't be able to make it this year... yea, the last one i was at was the last one that ken dyment ran in that parking lot. i was walking around with some camera crew interviewing people... i'd love to see a finished product of that video if it's the one where i'm doing the interviews :)

for reference, i had shown up in a yellow 350z convertible.

Profile E-mail